Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Here We Go...Again!


Do you know anyone who decided to sell their home last Friday and got it ready to show in one week? Well, you do now...

Back in September, I wrote about how much we LOVE our Harbor home. We just celebrated our third anniversary of moving here from Fox Island and I really thought this was our forever home. God, however, has a different plan for us.

My husband and I have both been feeling weighed down by our debt and feeling like God was nudging us to consider a new adventure. After lots of talks and prayers, we came to the conclusion that we need to sell our "dream home" and then move across the state to Spokane.

God has been preparing us and whispering to our hearts for months. My job situation changed, Mike's might very soon, and we realized there won't be many times when three of our four grown children live in the same town. It's no coincidence that my bible study has been focusing on Abraham's trust and obedience to God's call, and every podcast I listen to talks about GOing and obeying.

Once we made our decision and shared the news with our kids, the hard work of purging, staging, and cleaning began. I'm becoming a regular at the Goodwill drop-off, my house no longer has ANY family photos (so sad) and our garage is overflowing with packed boxes.

We adore our community of friends and our Harbor town, but we are trusting that God has gone before us and will help us find a spot to rent, church to attend, friends to do life with and possibly new jobs! I will never be able to replace my sweet sisters in Christ I have here, but I will visit often and keep in touch via texting and phone calls. As I look ahead, I hope I can become involved in a MOPS group or maybe mentor some Whitworth University students, but if I've learned anything lately, it's to let God lead and then join Him.

Yesterday our photographer-friend sent us the shots he took yesterday and we're waiting for Zillow to activate our updated information. Our neighbor-friends helped my husband with a couple last minute outside chores and signs are now in the yard and down the hill. THIS IS HAPPENING!

If you know anyone who is house-hunting in the Gig Harbor, Washington area, please contact me or comment below. We plan on holding our first (and only?) Open House today from 1:00-4:00. We'll have the Seahawks game on so you won't miss a thing!

So that's whats been happening in my little corner of the world. I'm glad we got to turn our clocks back last night and get an hour more to sleep! In the last seven years, I have packed and moved five times. I'm tired! 

 “All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.” Psalm 25:10

In His Grip,
xo Jane
(The photo at the top was looking out my kitchen window two weeks ago before all the wind blew the leaves down.)







No comments:

Post a Comment