Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

This is the Week! Please...


I might have missed posting on "National Pet Day" but my pets are happy and spoiled. I also missed having a Margarita on "National Margarita Day" but made up for it last night when my husband whipped us up yummy drinks made with the muddled juices of grapefruit, lemon, and lime, Gold Tequila, Triple Sec and a splash of Cranberry juice.

OK, Winter is almost over. That means my husband has almost gone an entire Season without a job. Ugh. We are saying that THIS will be the week we hear good news! We've waited before; for two of our homes to be built, for 9 months times four pregnancies, for homes to sell, and for many other countdowns. This waiting has seemed so long. We are trying to keep our spirits up and our trust strong. Our unexpected time together has been sweet, but it would have been sweeter if we were on a sunny beach somewhere and we weren't paying bills with our savings. We are thankful for so many things despite our impatience, and it's actually been snowing in Gig Harbor!



Here are some of my favorite things that have been going on around here as the wait continues:

Delighted to be chosen! 
As I mentioned before, I am thrilled to be part of the launch team for Maria Furlough's new book, Breaking the Fear Cycle. I'm on chapter seven of eleven, and have learned SO MUCH! You will want to purchase this book, which releases on March 6th!

I LOVE my new job! 
I've been on-the-job as a part-time nanny for two weeks now. Getting to spend time with a baby girl is so much fun! We're getting into a rhythm and I spend time at her home and my house. It's been 24 years since I've been responsible for a baby but just like riding a bike, it comes back! When my daughters were tiny I think we had just one or two hair accessories. Hazel has a collection and you can bet I put one on her cute little head each day! I will share some of my favorite baby items soon. Look at this cutie!

No wine? Score! 
When I flew home from Indianapolis last month, my husband had upgraded my seat so I was in the "free cocktail" Zone. It was a long flight and I kinda/sorta was looking forward to a free glass of Red Blend while I flew across two time zones. My flight attendant kept forgetting my glass of wine. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it since safety trumps beverages, and the flight was full, but the crew just wasn't as friendly as usual, and their service just wasn't up to par. I have quite a few girlfriends who work for Alaska and they have set my service expectation high!

When I received a follow-up email from Alaska Airlines asking how my flight service was, I was truthful; it wasn't the best experience I've had. Alaska public relations responded by apologizing and gifting me a $50 credit for my next flight! What a lovely surprise! I wasn't expecting anything, I just shared my experience. IF good news about a new job for my husband comes this week, we have points on Alaska plus that credit, and an invitation to join some of our best friends in a beach house for a week in Florida mid-March. Fingers crossed!!

Old Navy has good sales!
With football season being over, I actually convinced my husband to accompany me to Old Navy after church. Their 50% off all jeans sale was worth the trip to the dreaded Mall. I had Christmas money from my sweet Mom that I've been saving. I decided to join the floral embroidered trend, and having them be on sale for $20 (this weekend only!) was a score. Quick! Check out the Old Navy website tonight if you're on the hunt for jeans. I really like the Rockstar line. I was reminded that "it's all relative." As I wished I was still a size 6 but knowing I'm an 8 and at the same time, the woman across from me was asking the clerk for a size 18. I was convicted that we shouldn't get wrapped up in numbers.

I got to be a "Good Samaritan" today!
OK, so my walk with Sydney was cut short today, but that's alright. I was walking down a hill to downtown, wishing I'd worn a hat on this blustery day, and listening to a good Beth Moore podcast when I noticed some items in the middle of the street. Thankfully it was a light traffic day. I spotted a cell phone and wallet. Someone was about to have a rotten evening. Thankfully their license was current and my husband drove over to their home. I guess the items had been put on the back of his truck and forgotten. So glad I spotted them and we could return them!

Thanks for reading "See Jane Learn." What have you been up to? Remember, Easter is coming!...

In His Grip,
xo Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment