Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hello 2018!



Welcome, New Year! Our little family had highs and lows in 2017, but through it all, God was good. Here's a recap of some of the merriment we experienced in the month of December:

PARTIES!


My sweet bible study friends got together for a delicious brunch, and a few days later we had a girl's night out, sipping wine and painting at a studio called Mood. It was my first time using acrylics and our teacher was wonderful. 

Our Mops Leadership put on a lovely evening at our local country club. I had a couple girlfriends over for a "pre-party" in the bathroom. Just like college days... Mike and I hosted our annual Open House and loved watching our friends mingle.





Despite our city voting against having a Nativity, our local churches got together and set up a beautiful display right downtown on some private property. 


FULL HOUSE!
All four of my kids, plus two daughter-in-laws and our youngest daughter's fiance' were ALL home this year! It was so special to have them all together at our Harbor home. We still don't know if we'll have to put our house on the market this Winter or Spring, but we enjoyed hanging out, playing games, eating and sipping together in our cozy downtown Split-level, with coffee cups, shoes, pillows and laptops scattered everywhere!



7 Seas Brewery Shenanigans

Christmas Morning Breakfast


IT SNOWED ON CHRISTMAS!
We had a White Christmas in the PNW!! It started snowing just as we were heading to Christmas Eve service and continued through the next day. It was beautiful!


WEDDING PREP
The day after Christmas, all the Carver girls headed to the bridal shop to check out our little bride's dress. In another post, I might explain some tips for other future mothers of the bride. (Lots of hidden costs I didn't know about...) 


Mike and I hosted a little engagement party and it was wonderful getting to know our future son-in-law's family. ONLY 185 DAYS UNTIL THEIR WEDDING! I've got some work to do...




SEATTLE DAY TRIP
After all the kids left (missing them!) and the tree was down, we drove up to Seattle on Saturday. We watched the Huskies lose at the Ram by the UW campus, window shopped, admired the city lights and checked out the amazing Gingerbread Houses across from the Sheridan Hotel.




RINGING IN THE NEW YEAR
Thankfully I rebounded from my mean cold (two weeks and counting!) long enough Sunday night to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends. We always enjoy hanging out together!

(At the Burnett Hutchins Group gathering in Nov.)

We spent the evening playing fun games while sipping champagne and munching on snacks and chocolate fondue. The guys set off bottle rockets right before Midnight and we watched fireworks over the water and on TV. I was impressed I stayed up until the clock struck 12:00!



WHAT LIES AHEAD?
So many dear people across our amazing globe dealt with tragedy and terribly hard circumstances, and I hope there will be joy and peace for them in the coming 12 months. I am ready for the New Year and am looking forward to all that 2018 holds in store. I'm excited to begin a new part-time job as a nanny for a baby girl, and our very own baby girl (OK, she's 24) is getting married in July! My husband Michael continues searching hard for his new job. Fingers crossed, and continuous prayers going up! 

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world, and I wish you a wonderful New Year! Once we have some exciting job or house news (and a paycheck) we'll send out belated Christmas cards to our sweet family and friends. Thanks for your understanding...

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
ISAIAH 43:18-19

In His Grip,
xo Jane


2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog. And that Isaiah verse keeps popping up - I think it might be my New Year Verse.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete