Pages

Friday, August 4, 2017

5 Favorites for Friday-My List and a Few Thoughts


Happy Friday!

Our week started with MUCH JOY! Our youngest daughter became engaged to her best friend-love-of-her-life, on Sunday night! We are so very excited and happy for Sarah and Nick. (I'm sure I might mention a few wedding plans in the coming months on some future posts...) We also were happy to be celebrating our oldest son and daughter-in-law's 7th wedding anniversary.

Our #2 daughter flew here Sunday after her New York City girlfriend get-away, and we had a fun four days relaxing in the sun, catching up, and hitting up IKEA. When we were walking around our Uptown little outdoor mall, I snapped a picture of my cute car because he (named him Benjamin BMW) looked so swanky in the parking lot.

Our happiness was shadowed by sadness when my husband received disappointing news (but he will persevere!) and then we heard the very sad news that a friend's husband and Daddy of three passed away Wednesday morning after a long illness.

I wrote about dealing with sadness and joy and God's timing a couple years ago in "Holes and Hope." In addition to baby girl twins born on July 6th to my Nephew and his wife (can't wait to meet Tatum and Maren!) the joy of my daughter's upcoming wedding helps remind us of life's ups and downs...

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cat away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Here is my list of favorites this week:

1. Favorite Song:
My Favorite song for this week is the Chris Tomlin song, HOME. I got to see him sing this live (amazing!) and I hope my friend is comforted knowing her husband is HOME with Jesus.

2. Favorite Beverage:
I'm on day 24 of "Whole 30" and I am tolerating La Croix, but when we ate out I ordered San Pellegrino Sparkling Mineral Water.  SO good with lemon and lime slices, and very refreshing! Only 7 days until I get to sip Vino in Napa!...

3. Favorite Quote:
"I have a Masters Degree in American Literature, there is nothing I can't handle."
(Said by Ezra on "Pretty Little Liars" as he helped his finance' hide a dead body.) I laughed out loud when he said it since both my sons have their Masters, and one of them is head of his High School's English department. I hope THEY never have to use their talents to hide a dead body!



4. Favorite New Cooking Product:
We've discovered Avocado Oil. It is so light and yummy and it can cook at higher temps without smoking.

5. Favorite book-lover's deal:
I highly recommend you sign up for Book Bub if you own a Kindle. You fill out a profile of the types of Genres you enjoy and you get an email telling you about books you can buy for free or about $1.99. 

I am laying low today (as in, my kind boss is covering my shift at work) due to an unfortunate eye issue. Have you ever burst a capillary in your eye? UGLY and PAINFUL and what in the world?!!
I woke up yesterday and scared myself when I looked in the mirror, and it's only gotten worse, not better... I could totally play a Vampire. The official name is a Subconjunctival Hemorrhage, and the bad news is I might still be UGLY when we go to California next week because it takes 7-10 days to go away. UGH! I will be rocking Sunnies the whole time! Thankfully my husband still loves me even if I feel like "Despicable Me." It's time for me to go close my eyes, put on an icepack and rest it for a bit...


Tomorrow our #3 child is flying home for a visit and rest. He always makes me laugh and I can't wait to see him! I wish you all a happy summer weekend and if you're grieving, may you know the loving kindness of our Father in Heaven!


In His Grip,
xo jane

photo source:https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/prettylittleliars/images/2/2e/Ezra_613.jpeg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20160510150214





No comments:

Post a Comment