Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

What I Learned in July

It’s time to share what I learned during the sunny, hot PNW month of July. I wrote this list on my flight to Nashville. I always love the view of the mountain from the window.
  

Our Northwest summer has trumped my family’s weather back in Indiana. BIG time! We experienced gorgeous days and amazing sunsets, while my former Hoosier state set a record for the wettest month on record. EVER! Due to our sunny month our blackberry bushes all over the Harbor have bloomed early. I made blackberry crumble for dessert last week. Yum!


Nordstrom’s reputation for great customer service continues... Not only do they put on quite an Anniversary sale each year, but they are on top of fraud. Our family has been dealing with some identity theft (boo!) and when I tried to use my credit card I had to speak with a financial person on the phone. Our card had been compromised and they quickly stopped it and issued me a new card. Just in time to start hunting for a Mother-of-the-groom dress...

There are times when it's OK not to be nice to spiders. Last week our fire alarm went off at 6:30 in the morning for no reason. Well, there might have been a reason; spiders. Apparently, if they get near a smoke detector or webs are inside it, the alarm might go off or not work efficiently in case of a real fire. Lesson: change batteries AND dust off any webs. 


Be careful storing any birdseed if it’s not in a can. We've been invaded by uninvited guests; first spiders, then mice!! The reason our sweet convertible is in the shop is apparently mice. I have the heebie-jeebies just thinking about mice being in our garage. Besides, we have a cat! TIGGER! Why haven’t you solved this problem? Oh, because you’re 15 and overweight and lazy?...  

My favorite new app is my alarm and devotion! Check out the new free app that was designed by Lysa TerKeurst at Proverbs 31 Ministries. It’s called First 5 and it guarantees that you begin your day with God before you tackle the world. 


Nashville is a great place to visit! I knew this already but if you haven't visited here, plan a trip! I'm having a glorious time with my hubby spending time with our daughter Allie who moved here back in January of 2014. I'm wishing we didn't have to leave Tennessee in the morning after church, but excited to head up to Indiana to see my Mom and sisters! Sure hope their rainy season is over!



What did you learn in July? I’m linking up with Emily P. Freeman at Chatting at the Sky.

In His Grip, 

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment