Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

There is Only One Me!


I haven’t even seen the movie, but I might be starring in the sequel. My phone keeps ringing...

No, it’s not a Hollywood agent wanting me to play the part of the empty-nester wife and Mom. The calls all have to do with Fraud departments. 

Someone who I have named creepy thief,” keeps trying to open up new credit card accounts using MY private information. Conversations I've had this week include “No, I did not order $3000 worth of Nordstrom gift cards.” “No, I did NOT want to open up a new Capital One credit card.”

Whoever this person is lives in Atlanta, Georgia and they are persistent. (My brother-in-law lives there. “Is this you, Mark, playing a joke?”) This person knows just enough of my private information to sound legit. 

My hubby has notified all the correct people and departments so we are protected. That’s why I keep getting called; every action is checked and reported. It still makes me uneasy though, and frustrated. Why are they picking on me? If they’ve done any research at all then they’d know we’re scraping by trying to have our fourth child graduate from a private university. We also took the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class so we're trying not to be in debt!

It is NOT fun having my identity stolen!

I know there is really only one me. Psalm 139:16 reminds me, "You saw me before I was bornEvery day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Depending on who you are, I am known as: Mike's wife, mom of four, youngest daughter, little sister, Aunt Jane, girlfriend, Mops mentor, member of Chapel Hill, Hoosier girl, Chi Omega sister or employee at Charlie Barnes. 

I love being known by those titles. The identity that I am MOST proud of though, is “the daughter of the King.”

“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.” 
John 1:12

"Hey you creepy Atlanta thief person~you might continue trying to borrow or steal my identity but you will never take away my true identity!"

Have you ever dealt with fraud? Do you know your true identity?


In His Grip, 
Jane                            Thanks for reading See Jane Learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment