Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

What I Learned In April




Happy May Day! Isn't it just like God to remember how much I LOVED the Lilac bushes we had in our Fox Island yard and surprise!! Our new back yard has a beautiful Lilac Tree. We were SO excited when the flowers started to bloom. I'm linking up with Emily P. Freeman at Chatting at the Sky. Here are some other things and lessons I learned throughout the month of April.

1. She said yes! The most important thing I learned this month is that my #3 child is loved by another woman besides his Mama. Yep. My son asked the love of his life to be his wife and she said yes. I have a lot of memories of my boy flashing through my head and heart. How could 23 years have flown by so quickly? I DO know I raised an amazing husband-to-be and I'm very excited to have another daughter-in-law!

2. A Cat door changes everyone's life. Tigger is 14+ and we FINALLY installed a cat door for the big guy. He now can go from his "Man Cave" downstairs on the chair to the garage where his "bathroom" and food are located. We don't hear a lot of grumpy complaining from him. If you don't have one, get one!!

3. Now I know how to order my iced tea! My dear friend who grew up in the South taught me a new term last week; "Half-cut." Now when I go to McDonald's or Chick-fil-a (They just opened one in Tacoma! Who wants to go with me?!) I can order a half-cut sweet tea which is 1/2 sweet tea mixed with 1/2 regular unsweetened tea. I have my own version of this for cola when I go to restaurants; 1/2 regular and 1/2 diet coke. Yummy. Even better tasting than Coke Zero. I'm not sure if I can call it "half-cut coke." Thoughts?

4. Earth Day continues. Did you celebrate/recognize Earth Day? I first heard about Earth Day in college when I was attending Ball State University in Muncie Indiana. (The Ball Family made it's fortune making Ball Canning jars.) I Remember being at a big event outside on campus and I was wearing my tan skirt and sandals that I loved. I think it was 1980. Fast forward to 2015. I sort of forgot it was Earth Day last Wednesday. It was a work at Charlie Barnes day for me.

I did my part when I picked up all the litter on the street in front of my house. I don't want to sound bitter or judgmental, but why do people leave the park/skatepark which is across the road and dump their fast food wrappers and BAD beer cans (PBR anyone?) and energy drink cans all around our mailbox and yard?! I think it's time for me to ask the city if they can place a trash can near the park exit. Here's a sampling of what I picked up in one day and threw in my recycling. Take that Earth day advocates!


5. I was not born with the "card-playing" gene. A couple weekends ago we invited good friends over for dinner and card games. I tried. You have to understand, I've never been good at card games. The whole strategy not to mention remembering rules had me practically breaking out in a sweat. I WANT to be smart. I WANT to be a good teammate. Obviously I was born without the gene that helps with card games. I found this book on my shelf; time to study!



6.  THE cookie is in Procter. Best. Cookie. Ever. Go to the Metropolitan Market grocery store bakery and order "the cookie." It is huge and warm and has chocolate chips, chunks of chocolate and roasted walnuts. It is SO good!

Source: You Tube

The saddest news I learned in April was the Earthquake in Nepal. I'm praying for that part of our world. What did you learn in April?

In His Grip,
Jane
xo
As always, thanks for stopping by See Jane Learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment