Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Interrupted Pity Party

                                                        

Happy Monday!  As I write this I'm watching the 50th ACM Awards that I taped last night. My hubby isn't a huge country music fan like I am so last night we were watching one of our new favorites, The Outlander. Have you seen it? Are you hooked?


It is handy to be able to fast forward through the commercials of the 3 1/2 hour awards show. Spoiler alert: Miranda wins a LOT of awards and Little Red Wagon gets stuck in your head.  Oh, by the way, I might have been in the audience! Let me explain...

Back in February I hosted a Mary Kay brunch. A couple of my Mops Mentor Mom friends came over and the consultant helped us all get pretty. I had heard about a contest where you send in a before and after head shot and the winner would get to go to the awards show.

Yes! I wanted to win! I was willing to risk embarrassment in order to go see my girl in Nashville! I let the consultant take my photos, and then I filled out the application. Right when I was going to be brave and post my lovely pics and start begging asking my friends to vote for me, I caught the tiny location detail; the awards weren't going to be held in Nashville, they were in Texas!! If I had won the Mary Kay contest, I would have chosen to wear a pretty red gown like the one below. Sometime in the next several months we hope to fly over to see our Nashville girl but until then, I wait...



Photo source: www.sino-treasure.com

My weekend didn't start out super. If you read my last blog post, I mentioned a future 10-day trip to California that I've been so looking forward to (including visiting my oldest son and daughter-in-law.) Friday morning my hubby received the news that the California trip was cancelled. What?! 

Appears that the head peeps decided everyone in the company needed to be working hard to promote the new product that just became official. I totally would have worn a hat and shirt with the company logo while lounging poolside! This cancellation news was quite disappointing and we weren't the only ones affected. All plans had to change; cancelled flights, hotel, pet-sitter, sub at work, college daughter coming home to help with pets, my anticipation of sand, sun, and a slight tan. The trip will most likely be rescheduled, but until then, I wait... 

I was feeling a bit down thinking about the cancelled vacation, all my husband's business travel, how I miss my kids and my upcoming consult with the skin cancer surgeon. Boo.

We interrupt this pity-party.

Just when I least expected it, something a bit encouraging happened. We were at Wilco Saturday buying grass seed and someone I'd never met approached me and asked if I was Jane. She recognized my face from my blog. What?!

She proceeded to tell me how we were connected several years ago by a mutual friend on Facebook when we were in the market for a used car. She started reading my blog, was challenged to begin writing herself and signed up for a blogging group. She thanked me for giving her the courage to begin. Whoa. Me? My little bitty blog?

Thank you so much Marie for your kind words. You made my day weekend!

 Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”
Proverbs 16:24

I'm learning... Surprises can happen. LOTS of country stars love Jesus. Often we must wait.
Words matter.

How about you? Have you received any gracious words at just the right time? Have you shared some kind words with someone? It just might make their weekend!

In His Grip, 
Jane

P.S. I just saw an important announcement. Have you heard of Child Hunger Ends Here? Check this out to learn how we can all help.

As always, thank you for reading, "See Jane Learn."

Top Photo source~http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/264667.php



















No comments:

Post a Comment