Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

What Do You See and How Healthy are Your Eyes?


 I finally made an appointment this week with my Ophthalmologist since my left eye has actually started to interfere with my everyday life and sleep. It’s been bothering me for over a month. The tests showed no problem, which is good news, but how do you explain my discomfort? I went home with a prescription for an antibiotic in case it's a sinus infection and now I'm to give myself a week and hope for improvement.

I’m not the only person dealing with an eye issue. If you’ve tuned into the Winter Olympics you’ve noticed Bob Costas has had to relinquish his anchor desk for several nights to Matt Lauer due to quite an infected left eye. It apparently spread to the right eye too. The Olympics telecast just doesn't seem quite the same without Bob but somehow he contracted Conjunctivitis~imagine the frustration! Besides the fact that his eyes hurt, the Network decided people would have a difficult time paying attention to what he was reporting due to being distracted by his painful pink eyes. Pink is a great color for clothes or Valentines, but not good for reporters on camera.

Lately it’s easy to get distracted and begin to focus on the wrong things.

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”  Hebrews 12:2

What have I been fixing my eyes on lately? Despite my achy eye I’ve been busy this week enjoying a surprise snowfall, scanning Pinterest, watching the figure skating, picking out Valentine cards, working, reading a good book, and doing my homework for bible study. Mostly though, I’ve been fixing my eyes on homes online. Too many homes...

My hubby and I have begun to scour the internet for available rental homes. We’ve been given notice that our island rental home is going to be put up for short sale. We have a bit of time, but we have to face the fact that we will have to pack up Carver Corner and move to a new spot. Due to tuition payments plus a lower different salary, a few moves, etc., we plan on renting for about two more years.

Location, location, location. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to keep in mind when house hunting? Our eyes have noted locations that are not good, and we’ve also noted homes without garages, and many places that don’t allow pets. (Maybe since we’re in the rental market I need to lower my expectation of a view and a gas fireplace, but I admit I’m a bit spoiled and a garage is sort of a necessity.) 

My eyes are getting worn out. I could possibly have eye fatigue which would make sense since I’ve been spending too much time on computer lately!

Now, I need to ask a favor. I would love to ask my friends in the Harbor area to keep their eyes open and let me know if they see or hear of any rentals close to downtown Gig Harbor. (Location, location, location.) In the meantime, I will attempt to enjoy this Winter and hopefully Spring in our current pretty place. I will also attempt to SEE things a bit more through God's eyes.

In His Grip (and sight!)
jane

Photo source: http://statigr.am/p/645855946047012688_864238374

No comments:

Post a Comment