Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Count-downs at the Carver’s

Do you do count-downs at your house? We’ve got several going on and most of them are bringing me joy!

~2 days until my college boy gets home for Christmas break. Yay! He’s bringing his special girl for us to meet...

~10 days until our annual Open House. Hopefully I can keep the place clean and tidy until then!

~11 days until my hair appointment my oldest and his bride arrive. I’m SO excited to have all seven of us together for Christmas!! (Yes, I'm also excited to get my hair done.)

~One month until I hop in the Jeep with my daughter and road trip with her to Nashville. Mixed feelings on this countdown because it means she’s moving across the country. It means half my family will be living in the Midwest!

~13 days until Christmas. What? I’ve barely shopped for my family, the Christmas card hasn’t even been created let alone mailed, and I’ve only baked one batch of cookies. Even if I'm not ready for Christmas, it's coming. My heart is ready, and that's more important! 
Perhaps I’m finally learning not to hurry so much, but to cherish this Advent season. There are times when it’s OK to hurry. (Like the night the angels appeared to the shepherds.)

“They hurried to the village and found Mary and Joseph. And there was the baby, lying in the manger.” Luke 2:16

I’d like to think I’m thinking more about the gift of Jesus, than buying gifts. I’m treasuring this home and beautiful area I currently live in since I know it’s probably our last Christmas in this house and I’ve learned things change...
This was my view this morning on my walk. Yep, God creates beauty.

~Less than 3 hours until I leave for work. I can’t ignore this countdown; time to get busy!


In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment