Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wonder and Webs


Source:wealthynetizen.com 
"He was despised and rejected-a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care."  Isaiah 53:3
     Our wrap-around porch seems to beckon spiders. We have many, many webs hanging from our rails. They are intricate in design and sparkle in the sun. The problem is, where there are webs there are spiders and I DO NOT LIKE SPIDERS-especially inside my house!
     I wonder sometimes if people who aren't in a relationship with Jesus and who don't "buy into the whole Christianity thing" view God like a master spider who wants to trap them and "suck the life" out of them. He actually wants to do just the opposite; give them life both in abundance and for eternity. 
     There is ONE spider I do like and her name is Charlotte.  Are there any other fans of the children's book Charlotte's Web by E.B. White? I love all the characters and the themes of love and sacrifice. Charlotte the spider has qualities that mirror God and his rescue for mankind. Charlotte used her creativity and came up with a plan to save the life of someone she loved (Wilbur) and sacrificed to make it happen. 
Photo source:fierymemoir.blogspot.com
     I suppose I will allow my porch spiders (who could be  Charlotte's great-great grandchildren) to hang out here until Halloween unless I see eight legs wandering around my walls. They remind me of something TERRIFIC; the wonder of God's love for us.
Sometimes beauty comes from something we initially want to avoid...
In His Grip, Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment