Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

See Jane Forget


Yesterday I could have been the subject of lots of new "E-cards". As I started laundry I turned my black “yoga” pants inside out so they wouldn’t get any unexpected fuzz or lint on them.  After the colored load I washed my NEW cheap yellow towels from Target all by themselves (or so I thought) Somehow I must have gotten distracted or how else would those yoga pants and two other clothing items still be in the washer with the new towels covered in lint? Really!?

I remember thinking I should get some spare toilet paper rolls out of the linen closet before I used the bathroom again. Did I? Of course not! I must have been distracted, again.

Later in the afternoon I quickly put on my China Beach light pink polish and started doing my bible study homework. I have started a LifeWay study by Kay Arthur called Covenant.  Picture me trying to do my colored pencil markings in my workbook with damp nails. Yep, smudges and smears.

The day ended with a warning light. I parked on the street at a gathering of friends and pulled up the emergency brake just to be safe. Half-way home I noticed the reminder light that my parking brake was still on. My dryer warning light was on too. It said, check lint screen.

Why do I forget random, silly things, but never seem to forget my mistakes, hurt feelings, and bad decisions? God is teaching me to remember what is important and let go of what isn’t.  Apparently the timing of my Covenant bible study is perfect.

For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.” Deuteronomy 4:31

God doesn’t forget His promises to us but he does forget and forgive our sins.

“God forgets all our sins.” Isaiah 1:18

 I might try to turn myself inside out so people can’t see the real me, but God loves me the way I am and takes away the really ugly stuff almost as if He’s my own lint roller.

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment