Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And Yet...


It’s been eighteen days since we took our baby girl to college and drove away. I miss her like crazy and yet I have at least eighteen reasons to be filled with joy.

           1.  LOTS of sunny days; which means porch time, convertible rides, open windows and after dinner strolls.
2.  My youngest girlie is happy at college.
3.  We had an amazing Empty Nester get-away. More on that another day…
4.   Tigger started using the “Tiger” cat bed we bought him.


5.     We now have an official “guest” room and our friends/first overnight guests had such a good time they want to come back (or move in).
6.     The groundskeeper (that would be Michael) trimmed the bushes, weeded, and cut the grass. He also popped across the street and picked blackberries.
7.     I have a sink-elf. My sink will be full of dirty dishes and sometimes when I'm not looking they disappear. The elf also empties the dishwasher…
8.  The Chicago Public School Teacher’s Strike is over so my oldest son is back on the job.
9.    My husband is not a fair-kinda-guy, but yesterday he took me to the Puyallup! The weather was perfect, we ate BBQ, and strawberry shortcake, saw exhibits and animals. (The rabbit in the photo was HUGE!) We were in and out in two hours and I got to bring home a piece of Pecan Pie!

 10.  The house is clean today (and due to all the kids being gone it has a better chance of staying that way.)
 11. One of my former preschoolers who is now in 8th grade stopped by to visit and I got a hug!!
 12. Fall bible study started again and the women I serve with are amazing.
  13. The sweet Mamas I get to mentor at Mops are quite special. (I secretly think we have the best small group.)
 14. My calendar is filling up!
 15.  I always have someone to say hello to on my walks even if it's not always a human.


   16. I’m starting to get used to the drive out to the end of Fox Island and I’m not late to everything.
   17. Both my September sisters had good birthdays. Their friends spoiled them and the packages I mailed them arrived on time, too.
 18. God has given me a renewed sense of purpose...to know Him more, to be a prayer warrior, to serve women at our church, to be available, and to love my husband, children and friends. I feel JOY.

“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18-19

What has brought you joy this month?

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment