Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

T-minus 24 hours and the Carver Clan will be heading out with our two youngest to take them to college. The boy?... Hasn’t packed a thing. The girl?... She’s been almost packed for about a month.

We’ll be taking two cars, one mattress, lots of tubs, bags, suitcases, and duffle bags. I was also informed I must bring some cleaning supplies to tackle the house that my boy will be moving into with seven other guys. They’ve been there all summer. I’d better bring gloves.

My baby girl is super excited and a little nervous to have this next chapter of her life begin. This Mama is a bit apprehensive and wondering if she’ll be wearing her dark sunglasses all weekend so no one will see tears. My hubby has planned a bit of a get-away to celebrate/keep my mind off becoming an empty nester. Isn’t he sweet?!

It’s time. Some of my best friends have just done the drop-off. It’s going to be an emotional weekend. The last 18+ years since Sarah arrived have been incredibly wonderful and often hard. I always said being the Mama of four was fun but frantic. My youngest child has grown into an amazing young woman. She’s ready for Whitworth.
“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” Luke 2:52

It’s time. Time to let her go, date my husband, get in shape, study God’s word, drink wine with girlfriends, make some $, write more, organize my blog, read great books, clean the garage, and possibly get a puppy. But first, we must pack, load cars, take Tigger the cat to "camp" at the Women's Prison, drive five hours, eat steak at the Wolf Lodge in Coeur d'Alene, move one into a dorm and another into a house. After hugs it’s time to take a vacation and mark the end of an era.
Let the launch begin!

Favorite quote of the day said by my son as he tried to add one more class to his schedule: “I don’t want to take a class with 70 girls, or do I?!...”

In His Grip, Jane

Launch Photography at Cape Canaveral by Ben Cooper www.launchphotography.com/Launch_Photos.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment