Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

See Jane Move: Furry Friday Guest Post

 "The Mama" is busy, so she allowed me to share some thoughts today about how my life has been turned upside down. Apparently we've moved...again. I was just getting used to my basement spot in Illinois, becoming an indoor guy, and losing my best friend Sadie the dog, when they stuck me in a tiny crate. It was a suffocating experience. Allie picked me up (I barely remembered her; she's been somewhere called Costa Rica) and she left me at the Purdy Prison. Not too bad-I got lots of attention, meals, and music during nap time.
I lost track of time. I guess I was waiting for my family for two weeks. They brought me inside a house and told me I was "home". I needed some alone time to think. I also knew I'd be in trouble when they discovered my salmon dinner came up on the bonus room carpet and left a stain...
The rain and tall trees seem familiar. Every day I ask to go outside but am denied. They mutter something about safety...When I ask too loudly, my people stick me out in the garage with all the boxes. I'd show you a picture but then you'd know I apparently live with a bunch of hoarders.                                                                                                  
I am missing Mitch & Amy-not sure why, but they stayed in Chicago. Now I have the sisters to hang with, my pet parents, and occasionally Tall Tim visits.
Finally "the Mama" got a fire going. Even if it's still messy around here, they play good music and I feel a sense that our family is home.
"In Peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD will keep me safe." Psalm 4:8

My paw, In His Grip, Tigger Duncan Carver

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, tender, and enjoyable blog post. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete