Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Enough Gloomy Posts

OK friends and family. I have been a tad bit gloomy in my recent posts... Enough of depressing topics. Perhaps you are getting a bit tired of it. Perhaps you're thinking my blog should be renamed "See Jane Whine". This morning, God whispered shouted to me. He basically told me to put my big girl panties on (I love the ones from American Eagle), pull up my bootstraps and focus on all the JOY and blessings in my life.

I feel compelled. I want to be a person who chooses joy and spreads joy. Other people have written gratitude lists. Here are some of my favorite things that bring me joy. Perhaps I'll randomly add to it in the future. My Mommy always told me to look for the good in people, so I'll expand on that and look for the good in everything. Did you ever see the movie Pollyanna? (It's one of my favorite vintage Disney movies.) She could be glad in any circumstance...

Bringing Jane Joy List:
 1. Sipping hot coffee (Starbucks please) while reading my two favorite devotionals; Streams in the Desert  and Jesus Calling.
2. Taking a brisk walk around my town while listening to I-tunes with my pink earmuff headphones.
3. Getting phone calls from one of my four kids.
4. Watching shows I'm too old for (ex. Jane By Design on the Family Channel) while I knit in front of the fire and my fat cap sits on my lap.
5. Getting dolled up and going on a date with my hubby.
6. Shooting up prayers for dear friends-knowing God hears my petitions.
7. Chocolate salted caramel (candy or drinks!)
8. Ordering books on Amazon for my Kindle app and the good old kind you hold.
9. Sliding into a toasty warm bed to read at night due to my electric blanket.
10.Knowing I am loved by Michael and God-just the way I am...

That's my current "bringing joy" list. I intend to be less gloomy and more joyful and glad. Won't you join me? I'd love to know what brings you joy.

"I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2

In His Grip, Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment