Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In His Timing

Tick tock. Time is ticking…Our house has been on the market for three weeks. That might not seem like long considering the economy and real estate market, but we want to get back to our daughters in the Harbor and not have a mortgage plus two rent payments. Our target date is mid-March.

We’ve had a steady stream of lookers. Mike and I have this “get the house ready for a showing” down pat. It smells good, it’s shiny, all the lights are on, and jazz music is softly playing. When our kids were younger I used to say we were going to clean our house as if Better Homes and Gardens magazine was coming over for a photo shoot. Well, right now they could! (By the way, it’s WAY easier to keep a house clean with zero children around.)

Yesterday we had our Valentine “Date”. We headed to the Apple Store at Woodfield Mall for our Genius bar appointment. Our computer geek genius was very helpful and rather than the standard 10 minutes he gave us almost an hour! My sweetheart decided it was time to give my Winnie the Pooh watch a break and he got me a Fossil "boyfriend" watch. I've been drooling over it for over a year and I can see the time easily! For lunch we went to Maggiano’s~I love the decor, the Frank Sinatra soundtrack and the food. At dinner it can be expensive for couples on a limited budget, but I just wanted a house salad, Spumoni ice cream and sharing the romantic atmosphere with Michael.

As we sat talking about how we’re trying to trust and not give up hope, Mike’s cell rang. It wasn’t a realtor with clients, it was an offer. We smiled at God’s timing. Mike said it was blog-worthy.
  “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)

 I’m trying to be flattered that the couple wants not only our house but LOTS of our things (Does this mean I have good taste?) It seems a bit much. Then I’m reminded I often ask God for way more than I should ever expect. We're negotiating (not with God, with the potential buyers...) Please pray that their hearts will soften, they’ll up their price and we’ll be ordering that moving van soon. To be continued…

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're lucky enough to be "in love with your best friend" and to know God's timing is perfect.

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment