Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mixed Up Snowbird


Credit: Tom Robbins-Midwest Winter Birds

“My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.”
Isaiah 32:18

When you hear the term “snowbird”, don’t you think of couples who decide to spend the winter months in a warm, sunny climate? Arizona and Florida are popular destinations for the months between December and March when typical weather in the Northwest is wet and cold. Glen Ellyn, Illinois? Not usually on the list of best places to visit in winter…

I must be confused. I am not heading south, I am heading east. I’m flying back to the Chicago area for Christmas and the winter months. Am I crazy? Maybe. Do I have a good reason? Yes; family and rest…

I’m not sure if I’ll be guaranteed a white Christmas, but I will be with my precious children, my husband and my fat cat Tigger. After the holidays I plan on spending the next couple months hanging with my hubby, oldest son & daughter-in-law, going through basement boxes, organizing, crafting, and visiting my Mom and sisters in Indiana. I need to nest and rest and my girls will be having “sister time” here in the studio beginning in January. Hopefully it will be a win-win situation for all of us.

I’ve purchased my snow boots, a long down coat with furry hood is next on my list when I return home and I’m packing my suitcases. I’m not sure how often I’ll be writing and posting blogs this month since I have a lot of decorating, cookie baking and preparation to do. Until next time, I wish you blessings during this advent season.

Lesson Learned: I will be sure to notice all the brave birds who decide to tough out the winter in the Mid-west; they know instinctively that their father in heaven will care for them wherever they dwell.

Even if your home isn't "ready" for Christmas, is your heart?


In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment