Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY, May 10th, 2011

After traveling to Chicago, Indiana, Rome, and Glen Ellyn, I am now back in Gig Harbor, Washington and have some blog catching up to do.

Outside my window... it's gray now but supposed to be sunny later. Our high might reach the 60's!

I am thinking...about my daughter Allie graduating from Whitworth University this coming Sunday. I’m so proud of her and it will be a fun family weekend in Spokane.

I am thankful for...the trip to Rome my husband and I just got to take.

From the learning rooms.
..Sarah is working hard on an English paper and turning some work in early since she’ll miss several days of school due to her sister’s graduation and a tennis tournament.

From the kitchen...I might make insalata caprese and grilled chicken breasts, or we'll go out since we'll be over the bridge for tennis...

I am wearing...sweats again-I’m working at the fitness childcare center this morning.(White hoody, lavender tank & black workout pants.)

I am creating....Rome memories.

I am going...to work today instead of tomorrow so I can watch Sarah in her League play-off Wednesday morning.

I am reading...The Mailbox, by MaryBeth Whalen.

I am hoping.
... our broken car that our friend is hauling across the state today makes it in one piece. It's going back to the repair shop in Spokane.

I am hearing...my housemates getting ready for a scholarship meeting and one of the dog's tails thumping on the rug.

Around the house…
my clothes are stacking up. I’m moving out of the green bedroom into Sarah’s room this week and we need to get some tubs to put some of my out of season clothes in.

One of my favorite things…
sipping wine in Roma.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
watching Sarah in post-season play, driving to Spokane to celebrate Allie’s college graduation, spending one night at the famous Davenport hotel, moving T.J. out of the dorm and into his brother’s apartment, dining at Wolf Lodge in Coeur d’ Alene- for the best steak ever!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



This was our view outside our balcony from our hotel room in Rome overlooking the Plaza Republica.

To join the fun, visit Peggy at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have gone to Rome. Enjoy your graduation weekend.

    Stopping by from the daybook page

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete