Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Fun Friday!

I had a busy week!







I brought some healthy snacks from Costco to the Super bowl party but chowed down on peanut M & M’s and Frito's. How about those Packers? !

I’m loving my new Beth Moore study, Breaking Free.




Since my pets are in Illinois I now talk to the neighbor’s horse. I “named” him Harold.







I got to rock tiny babies at church.














A darling Mary Kay consultant showed my daughter and her friends and I some new skin care products and make-up.






So now it's Friday...Is Friday your favorite day of the week? Since I’m out here in the Northwest while my husband works at his job in Chicago, I’ve been a bit apprehensive about how I’d deal with Fridays.

When I taught first grade years ago, we called the last day of each school week “Fun Friday”. We loved knowing the weekend was coming, and usually the students earned the privilege of watching a fun video at the end of the day. (Shhhh-don’t tell anyone, but this time gave the teachers a chance to organize the take-home folders and finish up any grading…)

When I taught at a private school, Fridays meant it was Friday “friend day”. Instead of eating lunch with their classmates at the assigned table, the children could sit with friends at any table they wanted.

In high school, Fridays were fun because they meant ballgames and sleepovers. During college, Fridays meant Fraternity parties. Up until we moved to Chicago this past summer Fridays meant going to Tides Tavern with my man and meeting friends for fish & chips and beer.

Can you tell how much I love friends? I LOVE spending time with dear friends, and making new friends too. I need alone time but I cherish time with friends.

Well today ended up being full of surprises. I got invited to join girlfriends for coffee & conversation late this morning, then invited to go to a movie I’ve been hoping to see in a little while; The King’s Speech. So I’m having the grown-up version of Friday “Friend day”.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


We are meant to be in community. God created us for a relationship with Him, and others. I’m so thankful for my girlfriends in the Harbor who support me, laugh with me, and "do life" with me...

I hope everyone has a "fun Friday" with friends! Enjoy your weekend too.


In His Grip, Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment