Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tap, Tap, Tap


I hear the sound...rain.

I am fairly used to it since I used to live in the Northwest. I find it interesting how the clouds shift so quickly here in Washington. During a 20 minute drive home from the mall today I experienced showers, clear skies, sleet, and really hard rain. Thank goodness for intermittent wipers!

The other night as I was reading in bed I heard such a loud sound out my window I ran out to check the back deck. Sure enough it was hailing. (Hopefully my Kia has a really strong paint-job since I don’t get to park in a garage right now.)

Back in the Mid-west I couldn’t believe how LOUD the rain sounded on our windows. Our home there has old, double-hung windows and since it is a Colonial style, there in no overhang. Wow! I didn’t realize how much an overhang “protects” the home!

Tap, tap, tap.


I feel little taps on my heart from the Holy Spirit. Sometimes they are really loud and noticeable. Sometimes they are gentle and just a whisper. If I have my own protective armor up then I am shielded from hearing God, almost like the over-hang on our former yellow house prevented the rain from tapping loudly on the windows.

I LOVE sunny days, but rain is necessary and refreshing. “Now turn from your sins and turn to God, so you can be cleansed of your sins. Then wonderful times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord.” Acts 3:19,20

I want to "hear" the taps. I want the Living Water to make a difference in my life.

I've got my “Wellies” by the backdoor for the next time I leave the house, my windshield wipers are in good operating order, and most importantly I am staying in God's word so I'll be ready to hear from Him the next time he goes tap, tap, tap.

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment