Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Comparing Two Towns- Part Two


So I'm currently back in the Northwest with my 17 year old daughter. As you can tell by the picture, God's creation here is spectacular. I am "blooming where I'm planted" and yet I'm afraid to put my roots down too firmly knowing I have to say goodbye to this town again in the fall of 2011 and head back to Illinois...


The City of Gig Harbor, Washington

Population: 7,521 in City Limits /66,000 Gig Harbor / Key Peninsula Area
Located: About 50 minutes south of Seattle, it’s located across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
Out my window : water, boats, homes, pine trees
In shop windows: kayaks for rent
On the Tavern menu: fish & chips, chowder
On the road: round-abouts
On the sidewalks: people walking dogs downtown
(most neighborhoods don’t have sidewalks)
Sounds I hear: silence or seagulls
People wearing: Northface jackets & workout clothes
Drive to school: She can drive herself the 10 minutes!
Favorite coffee spots: Forza, 3 Starbucks, 2 Cutters Points (coffee is big!)
Shopping: Target, Uptown mall or head over the bridge
Annoying: slugs
Weather: chilly rainy winters/mild summers
School snow days: if a flake is predicted
Garages: usually 3-car & attached
Homes: expensive & usually rather new

Things I love about the Harbor
:
-seeing people I know almost everywhere I go
-knowing my way around
-the mountains & water (SO beautiful)
-my church family
-feeling more secure/safe
-watching my daughter thrive again!!!

Mike and I hope to retire here in Gig Harbor. I’m grappling with God. Why would He have me finally accept that I had to move away from this amazing place, only to send me back for a “teaser” of 18 months?

Do you ever question God? I know He’s sovereign and has a plan for my family, but this back & forth is painful. One verse has jumped out at me as I attempt to live in the moment.
“I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised.”
Joshua 1:3

Who knows which town we’ll be living in, and when? (Well, actually God does.)

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment