Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Comparing Two Towns-Part One



I've been away from Glen Ellyn, my pets,my house and my husband for a month. I've been thinking about the village I left behind...






The Village of Glen Ellyn

Located: about 40 minutes west of Chicago
Population: about 27,236
Out my window: the neighbor’s house, bare trees
In shop windows: ice skates for rent
On the Tavern menu: fried twinkies, tator tots
On the road: LOTS of stop signs
On the sidewalks: people walking to the train
Sounds I hear: trains
People are wearing: down parkas & Uggs
Drive to school: Was 5 minutes (unless train in the way)
Favorite coffee spot: Caribou or downtown Starbucks
Favorite restaurants: SO many to choose from!
Shopping: EVERYTHING & CLOSE!
Annoying pests: ants
Weather: very hot & humid or cold & snowy
School snow days: never (except after the blizzard)
Garages: detached & small (hard to get used to!)
Homes: older ,remodeled & expensive
Best places to walk: the neighborhoods,or around Lake Ellyn


My Mom always told me to look for the good in everyone and every situation, so that's what I've been trying to do!

Things I loved about my little Illinois town:
-only being a 3 hour drive from my Mom & sisters
-going to the town swimming pool on a hot day
-all the vintage homes
-an amazing 4th of July Fireworks show
-beautiful fall leaves
-lots of flat roads to ride a bike (I'll get one this summer!)
-meeting new friends
-convenient shopping & TONS of restaurants
-waking up to sunshine
-living in the same place as my hubby & pets!!!!!

Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21

Stay tuned for a description of Gig Harbor, Washington...

In His Grip, Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment