Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Stealth Bomber is Alive!



My daughter and I were in Victoria Secret today taking advantage of the “buy 7 panties for $25” when my cell phone rang. It was our vet back in Washington saying that a woman had been taking care of a little black homeless kitty. My heart started to pound as she explained that the microchip had identified the cat as Zoe. If you read my post several months ago entitled “Another One Bites the Dust”, you’ll remember we thought the cat we had given some friends had met her demise when she ran away…

It turns out that my former kitty Zoe is alive and well. She’s been out and about in the Kopachuck area searching for food since June. My little “warrior princess” was a remarkable hunter of mice, moles, etc. so she probably was on the cat version of the Atkins protein diet. Apparently a kind grandma named Joan found Zoe eating some dog food she had put out in her yard to lure raccoons away from her deck. After Zoe began sticking around she brought her inside and finally decided to take her to a vet (that happened to be MY former vet) and see if she had an identification chip.

All this time I’ve been worrying and thinking Zoe had probably died. Today I discover she’s being adopted into a loving home and even fed canned food! The new owner mentioned that Zoe preferred canned to kibble. I find this amusing since she was living on rodents and dog food, and my husband hated the smell of canned food so she didn’t get it from us very often.

Oh, to be an orphan (or a homeless run-away in Zoe’s case) who is suddenly adopted and treated like a queen. I’m studying Esther right now so I’m thinking about her lifestyle change and how God orchestrated the timing of Esther‘s life so she could save her people. “And who know but that you have come to a royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14

Now I can sleep soundly knowing my little stealth bomber cat who could jump up a tree in a single bound and keep our yard critter-free is now eating fancy food and sitting on a sweet grandma’s lap.I should never question God's provision for myself or my pets!"Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern." Matthew 6:32

Lesson Learned: God knows all my needs and my pet's needs too!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you always find a way to relate your everyday life to a lesson one can learn from the LORD.
    Yes, he does know our needs and even provide often although we have not even asked. Other times I see -and stare- where I think HE should have provided but HE did not think so.

    ReplyDelete