Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bees and Degrees

On the day before our son’s graduation party, I was scurrying around, cooking taco meat, baking, etc. Our oldest happened to be looking out our bonus room window when he asked, “did you know we have a large beehive on the hemlock tree out back?” Why hadn’t any of us noticed it? When had the bees built it? Right off our deck about 15 feet up was a 12” x 8” hive. Bees were buzzing around frantically. Maybe they had heard that I love honey with my green tea?

Can you imagine if we were all eating outside at our party and everyone started getting attacked by bees? NOT fun. I immediately put in an “emergency” call to pest control, and within two hours a young man in his full-protection suit came and saved the day (for a price).
As I watched Mr. Pest Control spraying & whacking the hive as angry bees swarmed him, I’m sure he was grateful he had on his suit and he wasn’t getting stung. I was reminded how important it is to have the right protection. In Ephesians 6:11 it says: “Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.”

Thank goodness our oldest just earned his master’s degree because apparently the rest of the family wasn’t smart enough to pay attention to the sneaky action taking place right outside our back door… I wouldn’t allow my family to fight the bees without the proper equipment, so why would I send them out in the world without praying and feeling confident that they were “covered” with God’s armor?... Remember- higher education can be very helpful, and ALWAYS look up!

No comments:

Post a Comment