Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

5 Favorites for Friday


Happy Friday! My writing assistant, Thor, is purring on my lap and the sun is shining! 
Here are five of my favorites for you to check out this weekend:

1.  "The Armor of God" by Priscilla Shirer
Every Tuesday my posse and I get together at Sue's house for bible study. We have breakfast, watch the video, then discuss and share prayer requests. This study is REALLY good and we're all learning how important it is to be prepared and armed since there is a spiritual battle going on...




2. This album on Bandcamp.com
My daughter Allie is extremely musical (and beautiful!) She sings, plays guitar (taught herself) and piano, plus she writes songs. One of the songs she wrote is featured on the Immanuel Spokane's Easter album called "Lectionary Songs" Vol. 2. She's singing the first song, "Behold." Proud Mama...



3. Nordstrom Recipe: Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
Yum. Last night some girlfriends gathered for a birthday celebration (yay Mindy!), and the main course was Shrimp Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette dressing. 


Here's the recipe:
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup canola oil
1 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems



The shrimp were sautéed in butter, with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Like I said, yum!

4. These Minimalism bloggers:
In my quest to declutter, reduce, and become more of a minimalist, I found these two bloggers who have written many meaningful and helpful posts. You'll also enjoy checking out some of their other posts in their archives. 
Changing my mindset and focus will take awhile...
Rachel writes at Nourishing Minimalism.
Heather writes at Purposefully Minimal.

5. This Home Tour:
Brooke Christen from "Nesting with Grace" shared the most BEAUTIFUL home tour. I think you'll enjoy everything about Melinda's home called Hawkes Landing.


I LOVE that green velvet couch! Doubt that would work in my house with two orange pets...

Today I'm linking up with Alison from "Get Your Pretty On."

Enjoy your weekend friends, and as always, thank you for reading "See Jane Learn!"

Grateful for Grace and In His Grip,
xo Jane

“To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.”  
~ Karl Barth, Christian Theologian

No comments:

Post a Comment