Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

It's Quite Upside Down



Sometimes things don't make sense. The world seems upside-down.

In a couple hours I get to head to the airport to pick up my oldest son who is flying in from L.A. I'm super excited that he's coming for a visit. The reason, however, is just not right... His high school teammate and friend, our friend's son Ryan, passed away. Too young...

That darn kitty Thor wet our bed again this week and I'm furious! Last week I was celebrating the fact that he had run away overnight but returned. How can my love turn so quickly to anger and frustration?...

My husband and I are in a really good place in our marriage; good communication, loving each other well, having fun together. At the same time, I have people I love whose marriages have ended or are struggling. It seems unfair...


Then I remember that we live in a broken world that Jesus came to save.

"But God demonstrates his love for us in this: While we were still sinners Christ died for us." 
Romans 5:8

Have you ever heard the expression, "Upside Down Gospel?" The grace that was freely given to all mankind just DOESN"T make sense. That's OK. Sometimes gifts are given out of an abundance of unexplainable love!

I think the writer at Grace Upon Grace does an excellent job of explaining how the gospel is very upside down.

And so, remember that "God's ways are not our ways." Isaiah 55:89 and know that things don't always make sense when they're upside down.



Grateful for grace and in His grip, 
xo Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment