Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

5 Favorites for Friday


Hello Friends and Happy Friday! Only two weeks until "Good Friday" and Easter weekend! We're hoping to head over to Spokane to celebrate Resurrection Sunday with most of our kids. The fact that our song-bird daughter will be helping to lead worship is definitely worth the drive East...


Our bible study table wine tasting adventure was a blast. I think this needs to be a yearly tradition.



Here are 5 of my favorites this week:


1. We love our stemless champagne glasses. We try to keep a bottle of our favorite Wycliff bubbly on hand (there's a Rose' now too!) and last weekend we were able to invite our next door neighbors over on the spur of the moment for a toast to Jacquie's new job. Cheers to new jobs, friends, and glasses that are affordable and don't tip! 


2. Check out the blog "True Worth." Maria Furlough is a Mommy of five (Gideon is in Heaven). She is currently writing a book about her experience of losing her son and she's just started doing occasional videos where she shares her peace from scripture. I learn so much from her and she's only 34~I could be her Mama!


We interrupt this blog post for a cat issue... Apparently Thor has been eating some Easter basket grass that he found downstairs. Why do I still have my adult children's baskets and have saved the fake grass? Anyway, poor little guy "got sick" on the kitchen floor. Thankful it was an easy spot to mop up, which made me decide what my third favorite is:


3. SWIFFERS! What did I do before they invented Swiffers? I need the dry ones to quickly get rid of the dog and cat hair (although my battery-charged Dyson does a fabulous job) and the wet ones to quickly mop the floor.




http://cdn.messenger.pgsitecore.com/en-us/-/media/Swiffer/Images/Products/Primary/Sweeper_hero_01_v3.png?h=940&la=en-US&w=940&v=1-201605191546

4.. My husband and I are hooked on the show "Designated Survivor" starring Kiefer Sutherland. Have you seen it? SO good! Love the cast. It's on ABC on Wednesday nights but of course we record and watch it whenever Mike is home...



http://televisionpromos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Designated-Survivor-ABC-TV-series-artwork-Kiefer-Sutherland.jpg

5. The song Even If by Mercy Me. It's the one my head keeps singing when it isn't singing all the songs from "Beauty and the Beast!" The lyrics are powerful! I love to be reminded of God's faithfulness especially at times when I need to trust my loved ones to God's plan; my Mom had to be readmitted to the hospital. Praying the new meds will help her lung infection clear. It's hard to be so far from Indiana...
I do want to add a not my favorite to my list. In an attempt to be healthy and reduce toxins that might cause Cancer, I ordered some deodorant that a friend recommended called Piper Wai natural deodorant. Ick..the smell, feel, not to mention lack of feeling dry. No thank you. Guess the hunt is on or I'll stick to my Dove.


This weather report makes me smile. I'm off for a Spring Break with my two daughters on Sunday. We are looking forward to time together in Sunny, Southern California. Thanks for reading "See Jane Learn" and I hope you have a happy weekend!

Grateful for Grace and In His Grip,
xo Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment