Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

5 Favorites for Friday


Happy Friday! Here are five of my favorites this week:

Fiction Book~ I'm so glad I asked for Beth Moore's first work of fiction for Christmas and that my husband bought it for me! I finished it in a week. I loved the characters and the message of redemption. It reminded me a bit of one of my favorite series called Mitford. I highly recommend you check it out.



Quote~Said by Tiger Lily in the movie Pan;




“Home’s not where you come from, it’s where you make it.” 

I grew up in Carmel, Indiana and moved away when I was 35. The past 22 years I've been learning how to put down roots in all the towns and houses we've lived in; Grayslake Illinois, Gig Harbor WA, Glen Ellyn Illinois, Fox Island WA, and now downtown Gig Harbor. I thought I'd ALWAYS live in Indiana, but God had other plans and I'm so thankful for the path He's taken our family on. 

Product~Last summer I talked about my Maybelline dark circle eraser. Since I'm always on a quest to hide my mean, dark, under-eye circles and didn't have time to buzz over the bridge and spend $$ on the Bobbie Brown corrector, I found a replacement that's only about $6 at the local drugstore. Meet my newest weapon in the war against under-eye circles!
NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector

Pinterest Find: Craft idea to make~
I LOVE this idea! I have a perpetual calendar for birthdays down in my laundry room, but this plaque is adorable and I want to share it as a possible craft idea for the MOPS mommies to make. Never forget a family member or friend's birthday again...



Show on Netflix~ If you were a fan of Downton Abbey, or Call the Midwife, then I think you'll love Landgirls. It's a BBC program about women who helped the WWII war effort by working at a farm in England. Great drama, background music, period costumes. I learned a new word! Conscription is another way of saying "drafted." This show really gives a realistic view of what life was like during this difficult time in our world's history. I'm on the third and final season and don't want it to end! 



Any suggestions of shows you love? Enjoy your weekend friends!

In His Grip,

xo Jane

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/rooney_mara_tiger_lily_pan-wide.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment