Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

5 Favorites on Friday


Hello friends and happy Friday! Here are five things I'm loving this week:

1. Check out this You Tube video of a Flash mob performing Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 “Ode to Joy." How is it possible that this magnificent piece was written when he was deaf? You'll love watching the crowd's faces.

2. This "Never" commercial by State Farm is the BEST and quite realistic. I love it!


3. Have you eaten at a JOEY restaurant? There are JOEY restaurants in four Canadian provinces, one in California and three in Washington state (University Village, Bellevue and Southcenter.) Oh my goodness! Everything we ordered was outstanding, the atmosphere was great (my son said it had a Hong Kong vibe) and I definitely want to go again!

4. I keep a running list of my favorite quotes. Here's one that is speaking to me lately:
"God never asks us to give up anything without offering something far greater in its place." (Wendy Blight from the First 5 devotion app.) God is doing some work on my heart and I am claiming His promises. He knows what I NEED, not just what I WANT.

5. As a Mops mentor and former Mops Mommy, I've had the privilege of attending many wonderful meeting mornings throughout the years with lots of great guest speakers and topics. My favorite is always the Tea and Testimony day. We had that yesterday. Two Moms shared their stories. They made us cry, laugh, and think about our own faith journey. I believe that those who don't yet know the Lord will want to investigate...

It is time for me to get ready for the YMCA. I'm being brave and digging my college tap shoes out. Wish me luck! Have a wonderful weekend!

In His Grip, 
jane





No comments:

Post a Comment