Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Windex is a Good Reminder


Saturday morning I spent some time doing housekeeping chores I’ve been putting off. Basically I’ve just “spot-cleaned” since the holidays. It looked “good enough” but I knew it was pretty dirty around here!

 We had company coming, the sun was shining and I’d had coffee! (I mention the coffee only due to the fact that I’d given it up for five mornings while I attempted to do a full-body cleanse. I did NOT make it the full 10 days but I did learn some self-control.) 

“I might as well face it I’m addicted to caffeine...”

I scrubbed the kitchen, mopped, organized, put away, hung some pictures, and made our place look company-ready. I noticed the front door looking a bit spotty so I proceeded to clean all the glass doors of our house. (Yes, one of them is the door I wrote about back in May. You can read about it shattering here.)

We are blessed with a wonderful “view.” Our home sits up on a hill and we get to look down on our Harbor Town and over at Puget Sound. It only took a few sprays of Windex and wiping to realize HOW DIRTY my glass was! I looked down at all the dirt on the paper towels and wondered why we could still see the view...we could see out, the light could come in, and yet they were not sparkling.


It suddenly made me think about what I look like to others. Do I sparkle? Am I "clean?" Friends might look at me and not SEE my sins.  I’ve always tried to be a “good girl.” Do I attempt to hide my sinful nature from those around me? God sees right through me~to what is really in my heart. (My family often sees that icky part of me too.)

"But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin." 
1 John 1:7

I love that God wipes away my filth, and just like Windex on my glass, it’s not a one-time-thing...
Over and over I need to be cleansed; I’m nudged and convicted and reminded. Because of Jesus I can be wiped clean!

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:2

Our view is even better now. As I continue to spend time in God’s word, I hope that my behavior and thoughts and mind and heart are beginning to shine too...

Have you (and your windows) been wiped clean lately?


In His Grip, 
jane

No comments:

Post a Comment