Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

About Me


Hi! I started writing this little blog in late June of 2010. It was my way of processing a BIG change in our family’s life; moving from the state of Washington back to the Midwest. We now live back in the Pacific Northwest an hour south of Seattle in a charming small city called Gig Harbor. We recently found our dream home right downtown and settled into “Carver Cottage” in September. Location, location, location. It's true!

For those of you who don’t know me, here are some random facts about me: I’ve been the wife of Michael for 31+ years and we are now empty-nesters. I'm mom of four twenty-somethings (two sons, two daughters.) They’ve all attended Whitworth University and the baby girl will graduate in May of 2016. Our kids including one daughter-in-law are scattered from L.A., to Nashville to Spokane. I LOVE it when they come home!

The whole family on the Whitworth Campus.

I’m a pet mom to a rescue dog and fat orange grumpy cat, and former preschool, Kindergarten and First Grade teacher. I LOVE babies and get to spend several days a week working at a fabulous baby boutique called Charlie Barnes Kids.

I grew up in the town of Carmel, Indiana and am the youngest of three girls. The “Story Girls,” as we are known, all got our desire to become teachers from our Mom Barbara, who was an amazing 5th grade teacher for YEARS! She is now the unofficial “Mayor” of her Independent Living Facility. 

I love the Lord and am learning how to be and make disciples. When I’m not working or walking Sydney, I enjoy spending my time mentoring Mommies at Mops, attending bible study, having friends over around my table, reading and sipping a yummy coffee drink or glass of wine.

I just noticed I’ve written 300 blog posts. That sounds like a lot to me and yet my writing has become less frequent. Perhaps that means I’m busy and flourishing? Or perhaps I need to become more consistent...

God always seems to take my daily situations (good or bad) and turn them into life lessons, so that’s what I try to share here at See Jane Learn. My hope is as you read you’ll smile and be encouraged. Thank you so much for stopping by and please feel free to subscribe or contact me!

“Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24

In His Grip, 
Jane

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment