Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

What I Learned in March


The Month of March has come to an end and although it was one of the wettest March's on record for the Northwest area, I did catch a few glimpses of blue sky. The cool clouds above were spotted on our drive to Spokane last weekend.  Here are six things I learned this month: 

1. I discovered I'd become an online subscription hoarder. I became aware that I'm subscribed to 168 "things"! That might explain why my inbox fills up quickly and why I never seem to read all the blogs on my daily bloglovin. I discovered unrollme. This site lets you quickly decide between three options for each subscription; unsubscribe, get notices once a day, or just once a week. I highly recommend checking it out. 

2. My love for fashion continues. I’ve always loved fashion. I enjoy looking at magazines (especially on vacation) and seeing how other women style themselves. This started back in high school and hasn’t diminished. Here’s a new discovery though; sometimes I wish I wore size 18 clothes! Make that Toddler 18 month clothes. As I’ve been unpacking and steaming the fashions coming into the baby boutique I realize I would totally wear most of them if they came in my size. They’re adorable. Oh, if I was only 50+ years younger...

I should probably consider placing another Stitch Fix order. Have you checked it out yet? Please consider using me as your  referral. They'll be as cute or cuter clothes than the toddler styles and they'll fit!

3. I held the official title of “The Mom" for my children’s University. For a day. You can read about it here.

4. I realized that Testimonies linger long after they're shared. At MOPS, one of our sweet Mamas shared her story this week on the Tea and Testimony morning. I hope she realizes that her message of faith and hope encouraged the mommies and will have a lasting impact. I encountered two women in down on different days this month that I didn’t know. They remembered me and my testimony. I shared ten years ago at a retreat, and four years ago at Mops. God uses all of us in different ways if we trust Him and share how he's working in our lives.  Have you shared your story?

5. I totally need to download music from I-Tunes. The sound track from the award-winning movie, American Hustle, is fantastic! The acting was really good too, even if there were a lot of naughty words...We finally watched the movie last night and since we went to college in the late 1970’s-early 1980’s, the songs brought back lots of memories.

6. I like my name even more now. I knew Jane meant “gift from God” but it also means “Yahweh is gracious/merciful." YES HE IS!  If my sisters and I had been boys, our parents probably would have named one of us Peter.  It means rock~love that too! Do you know the Christian meaning of your name?

How kind the LORD is! How good he isSo merciful, this God of ours! Psalm 116:5

What have you learned in March? I'm linking up with Emily P. Freeman at Chatting at the Sky.

In His Grip, Jane

2 comments:

  1. I've just discovered this link up. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention name meanings. For years my husband has called me Marie (for what reason I have no idea) although my name is Lisa. I found out that Marie means 'bitter', and Lisa means 'consecrated to God'. He hasn't called me Marie since. ;) And by the way...yours is the first blog I've commented on since I fixed my big error preventing my commenting. My "Learned" post explaining my predicament is at www.mywordstudy.com So glad I resolved this so I could say hi and that you have a lovely site.

    ReplyDelete