Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Happy Memorial Day from Sydney and the rest of the Clan on Carver Corner! God Bless America!

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that my bible study topic this week is on the world competing for my attention, considering I've missed church every weekend this month due to my travels and busy schedule. The month of May is almost over and I haven’t sat down once in front of my dying H.P. laptop to write.

I've been going places: Spokane to spend Easter with our littles, the store where I work, Indianapolis, Chicago, work, bible study, Scottsdale, the store, my laundry room…You get the idea. I haven’t really been home or I've just had my I-pad which I haven’t figured out how to post a blog on it. Sydney has been left twice and she has missed her Mama!

I've spent my month doing some of the things I love most; seeing family, going to some of my favorite states, restaurants and stores, soaking up the sun and helping at the baby boutique where I work. It will take a couple posts to give you a glimpse of my month of joyful experiences and some of the reasons I need to get back to healthy eating and consistent exercise:

We went to Spokane to go to church on Easter with our two youngest. Afterwards we drove to Coeur 'd alene, Idaho to enjoy a fabulous brunch.


I flew back to Indiana to spend time with my Mom and sisters. We had fun going through lots of old family photos. Of course I had to enjoy a tenderloin at Muldoon's Pub-it's a Hoosier tradition!
Chicago was next on my Midwest get-away. I took the Mega Bus into the city to join Mr. C. and see my oldest and his wife. While my hubby attended his work conference I had important exploring to do on Michigan Avenue. Of course we had to have a deep dish Chicago-style pizza while we were there and we saw  the Great Gatsby at a retro theater near the kid's apartment. We ended our trip with a Mother's Day brunch at Dick's Last Resort overlooking the Chicago River.












When I returned home I spent several days hard at "work" at the baby boutique, Charlie Barnes. Don't you wish you had my job?
I

My busy May, to be continued...

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment