Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Wardrobe Malfunction



It was pajama day at work! I’d only been at my new “job” two days and we were having a fun casual day! NOT!!...


What actually happened on Wednesday was I needed a top to wear with my V-neck sweater and I grabbed a purple long-sleeved tee that was on my closet shelf. The problem?...I have a purple tee and a purple pajama top and somebody didn't put the laundry away correctly. Whoops! I didn't figure this out until I was almost to work. Considering I live at the END of the island, there was no going back. So much for trying to make a good impression...

This was not the first time I've had a wardrobe malfunction. I wrote about my adventure in Chicago when I “lost my top” in a former post.
http://learningjane.blogspot.com/2011/09/flash-of-orange.html 


Accidental pajama days actually run in my family. My oldest sister Ann told me the story of going to Jr. High in her pajama bottoms (little bloomers) and forgetting her panties. My sweet Daddy had to make the trip over with paper bag in hand so she wasn't feeling mortified all day. No one was home to rescue me and my dog can't drive-Sydney has trouble even riding in a vehicle without getting sick!

I wonder if my co-workers knew that I was having my own little comfy pajama day.  Awkward moments happen to all of us; I suppose it’s how we handle them that counts.

“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1Th 5:18

Lessons Learned:
It might be time for me to invest in a couple nice tops/blouses and sometimes you just have to laugh at your mistakes and handle your circumstances with confidence. 
I say, "Hooray for Pajama Days!"

In His Grip, jane  

Picture source:http://thereflectionofhim.blogspot.com/2012/12/pajama-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment