Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Who Holds the Title?


The flag is flying on our corner in honor of President’s Day. A sore throat kept me home from church and curled up on the couch. The hi-light of my day was to finally enjoy our “Fat Tuesday” Jambalaya and a Hurricane followed by patriotic semi-homemade cherry pie 
Are there any Presidents in your immediate family? I actually have two; both for my “fan club”. Why, you ask, does this Mama have the privilege of a fan club and who are the members?

My hubby is an active member, but he doesn't have the title of Mr. President. The title goes to a 21 year old college student that happens to be my child number three. I can’t pinpoint the exact year that T.J. became the President, but I think I gave him the title (or his sisters did) when we realized he was consistently pleased with me as “The Mama”. His sisters and older brother might sometimes think I spoil the boy, but until he gets married I like being the most important "girl" in his life!

Here’s a small Bio of the man-cub: T.J. is dashingly handsome (with or without a mustache), ever the gentleman (he always opens my doors), a dapper dresser (perhaps he got that talent from me?) and tender-hearted (yep, he got that from me). We both do NOT enjoy roller coasters but DO enjoy friends, reading, the color purple, drinking good beer, red wine, or Caramel Macchiatos and we love Jesus. When he was a boy I always said he’d grow up to be a pastor due to his BIG heart. T.J. recently switched his major to Theology so there is a possibility that Seminary is in his future. He is a wonderful big brother and fun “little” brother. (At 6’3” he’s not exactly little!)

My Vice President is my dog Sydney. She LOVES her Mama. She goes ballistic when I return home even if I've only been gone a few minutes. She is my constant shadow; she follows me everywhere unless of course she’s running away to chase a deer or dog…(Attention Fox Island neighbors: we just bought a wireless containment system and we just started working with her. In the near future, maybe she'll stop bounding at you!)

Mr. C usually gets up first in the morning and if I’m still in my comfy bed after Sydney's breakfast and potty break, she’ll come back upstairs to sleep on the floor beside me until I rise. Could her loyalty  be because I give her treats, take her for walks, basically spoil her rotten and constantly tell her she’s “Mommy’s girl”?

In all honesty I do have a bigger fan than my fan club President and Vice President and I am quite amazed that He gives me unconditional love and encouragement even when I am unlovable. We Americans are quite blessed to have the freedom to know and worship Jesus openly. Thank you founding fathers!
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances". First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Some tips on how to get your own “fan club”; spend time together, acknowledge their title and importance, and love, love, love. 

I love you Timothy James (T.J./Teej/T-Bone) & Sydney and 
God Bless America.

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment