Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Flunked...Now What?


I found myself in the middle of a “spiritual” conversation with someone I love and it didn’t go as I’d hoped…

I left feeling like I'd earned a big fat “F”.  

I’ve been a believer for about 35 years. That’s a lot of time to study, hear great sermons, participate in classes, read books. I thought I could defend my faith.

I understand that sometimes beliefs are rejected and at the time I tried to do my best.  If I could have a do-over I would make sure I shared that God is LOVE. I’d give examples of proof that the words of the bible were given by God. I’d ask better questions. I’d bring up the beauty of God’s creation and the amazing human body. I’d share my hope for the future and what God has done for me in the past. I’d talk about answered prayers and witnessed miracles. I would be bolder.

I’m glad God doesn’t give grades. Someone else will perhaps step in where I left off in the kitchen conversation and have the words that will change a heart.

It is WAY easier to share with strangers or seekers than with people we are close to, don’t you think?

“Come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people!” Matthew 4:19

This time around, I wasn’t successful. Thankfully, Jesus knows our hearts and gives second chances.

In His Grip, Jane

1 comment: