Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Word for Wednesday: Catwalk

(My Porch)

I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs last night while watching an Army Wives episode I had taped. Does anyone I know watch the Lifetime series? I've been a faithful follower but I don't have anyone to talk to about it. I digress...A beautiful white house caught my eye and I had to find out more about it. I love discovering new bloggers to follow and Town and Country Living will now be on my list.I am a white house lover. My last house was white and I hope to live in another one someday-with black shutters…and a red door…

I found out the house I was coveting was in Geneva, Illinois. Geneva is a beautiful town on the Fox River about 25 minutes west of our former suburb of Glen Ellyn. It has a quaint downtown surrounded by farmland, neighborhoods and a big outdoor shopping mall. We house-hunted there but the commute would have been too long for Mr. C.  I wonder now if I ever drove by this pretty home?  The girl who took the picture used to have a friend that lived in the house. She mentioned the wrap-around porch but called it a “cat walk”.

I have a cat walk! Why hadn’t I ever thought to call it that?! Tigger, my big, fat, red kitty LOVES our porch. He spends all day walking around, looking out at the world through the safety of the porch rails (when he’s not sleeping in the sunshine or in the cool darkness under the porch.)

The definition of a catwalk is either a narrow walkway that is usually high (like a skinny bridge between two buildings or up above a theatre stage where the lights are) or the fashion runway. All the times Mr. C. has commented on my fast, less-than-graceful walk  I could have been learning the model-walk by watching my cat sashay on our porch, one leg in front of the other.
(source:dailymail.co.uk)

I’ve wanted a porch my whole life and God blessed me with a wrap-around porch/catwalk at our rental. It’s too foggy to see anything this morning, but normally the neighbors see me out on one of my rockers enjoying our view of the water. I sit, sheltered, watching the boats on the water, reading, or waving at people and dogs as they walk by. I am now and hopefully forevermore, a porch person.

“It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain. Isaiah 4:6

Even if you don’t have a cat, I highly recommend a “catwalk” porch!

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment