Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

There's Something about a Song


Yesterday was a great day here in the Harbor. I enjoyed some cooking, a walk, weeding in the sun, then driving from one side of town to the other in my husband's car with the top down and my country music blasting. I finally chose my senior’s pictures and caught up on a recorded show while clearing off the piles on my desk.  Everything about the day was fantastic until I woke up at 2:30 A.M. and could not go back to sleep…

As I tossed and turned I couldn't even focus on prayer because a song kept playing in my head; “There’s somethin’ ‘bout a truck.” by Kip Moore. I had heard it so many times yesterday that it was stuck.  My brain could not stop singing it.  I finally got up, made a pop-tart (it’s my middle of the night go-to snack) and started reading a new book. I made the mistake of inviting my cat in my room to join me before I finally fell asleep. Tigger is not quiet when he awakens and wants his breakfast and of course he woke me up way before my alarm went off. I felt like a tired new mommy with a newborn crying.  I threw him out my door and for good measure yelled and tossed a pillow at him. (I promise, I never threw my four kids although I probably wanted to.)

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head? Can a believer love country music? I’m pretty sure Jesus doesn't mind, but  perhaps I should have switched over a few more times to the Christian station so the lyrics that were running through my brain had more to do with God and less to do with beer and fun in the back of a pick-up truck. Let me know if there are any other Jesus-loving country music fans out there or if you know a fun place to go line-dancing. I do own a red sundress-I just need some boots! (The photo above was taken last summer in California. I couldn't find one of Mike's car and I'm too lazy to go take one.)

Philippians 4:8 “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

What lovely things are you fixing your thoughts on? Today as I run errands I think I’ll take my Kia and listen to a book on tape. There’s somethin’ about a convertible and country music…

(Click the link below and you too can get it stuck in your head. I'm not good at attaching links, so if it doesn't work look it up on You Tube.)
I do own a red sundress-I just need some boots!
 

In His Grip, Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment