Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Do You See The Fragile Sticker?


We lost count how many times we headed to Home Depot last month to buy more packing supplies; boxes, paper, bubble wrap, and fragile stickers. We carefully wrapped all our dishes and breakables, then made sure we put at least two fragile stickers on each box that needed tender care.

Well…our moving van un-loaders were Hispanic and apparently didn’t read English. We cringed as we watched them jostling our boxes, then thumping them down. It wasn't their fault, but we envisioned lots of broken items. We pointed out the bright red fragile stickers but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

 As we unwrapped our “goods” we were surprised to find everything made it and was unbroken (except the hutch door that the professionals wrapped.) The time we spent wrapping carefully with bubble wrap and paper was worth it! Adding the fragile stickers was not…

I’m feeling a bit “fragile” lately due all the changes our family has been through in the last several months. I wish I could smack a fragile sticker on my forehead so people would understand I need to be handled gently.

Thankfully, I will cling to the idea that I’m "bubble wrapped" by the love of God and my friends and family. I need to wrap myself up in God’s promises.If circumstances shake me up, I’ll still be OK and I choose joy!

Cast all your anxiety on Him for he cares for you.  1Peter 5:7

In His Grip, Jane

1 comment: