Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

It's a New Week! The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, August 8th, 2011

Outside my window... it started out sunny but currently it's raining (and my husband left the top of his convertible down at the office...bummer.)

I am thinking...how much I’ll miss not being able to go for bike rides when I leave at the end of the summer-“Violet” will stay here in Glen Ellyn.

I am thankful for... my daughter Allie arriving safely in Costa Rica. She's already having a wonderful time and feels God's presence.

From the kitchen
...We’re having chicken, asparagus, and I’m going to try a grilled Romaine salad with a citrus vinaigrette that I saw on the Food Network.

I am wearing...black shorts and a black & white tank top, bare feet.

I am creating... a wall of my kid's art down in the craft room/office.

I am going
…to take my two youngest and visit my Mom and sisters in Carmel and Indianapolis tomorrow through Thursday.

I am reading...I finished Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (loved it!) and went back to Under the Tuscan Sun.

I am hoping... my son Mitch and his wife Amy both find jobs soon that they will enjoy.

I am hearing...rain tapping on the windows, thunder rumbling, and my dog walking in circles since she's nervous about the storm.

Around the house…
it’s still a bit disorganized since my messy kids are here and Mitch & Amy are settling in. The bamboo blinds I ordered for the kitchen arrived and I found some bedding on clearance at Pottery Barn.

One of my favorite things
…my black-velvet, lavender-filled eye covering I wear when it’s too bright and I want to sleep. It feels good and it smells good!

A few plans for the rest of the week
:besides our road trip to Indy, I plan to take my daughter to a beauty school in Naperville for a facial-it’s super affordable,hopefully I will decide on a bedroom paint color, we need to head to Chicago before Sarah leaves next week, and I have a pillow sham on hold at the Geneva Pottery Barn.

Here are pictures for thought I am sharing..
.
(We took a drive up to Grayslake where we lived from 1994-1997.)

We saw our old house-it was blue/gray when we lived there.)

(Third Lake where we swam.)


(We ate at our favorite places; Pat’s Pizza and Dog ‘n Suds.)

To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Since I’ll be out of town Wednesday, I might not be blogging again until Friday. Thanks for reading, and have a good week!!

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment