Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

It's a New Week: The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, August 1st, 2011

Outside my window... it’s sunny, sticky & warm.
I am thinking...a year ago yesterday my oldest son Mitch was getting married.
I am thankful for... my older daughter trading in her lemon car and finding a Jeep Liberty she loves.
From the kitchen...last night was spaghetti with homemade meatballs, tonight we’re having chicken and veggie bobs on the grill.
I am wearing...my Java Jane t-shirt and floral boxers-I haven’t gotten dressed yet.
I am creating... pots. I’m copying a blog idea. Mike spray painted clay pots I got at a garage sale black, and I’m going to stencil our house numbers on them and fill with flowers.
I am going…to Ikea and Woodfield Mall this afternoon with my kids.
I am reading...Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
I am hoping...I can figure out a part-time job when I return to Gig Harbor for the school year. My teaching certificate expired so I need to see if I can renew it if I intend to substitute teach.
I am hearing...the air conditioner but otherwise it’s peaceful and quiet. The dog must have fallen asleep, otherwise she’d be barking.
Around the house… lots of wedding gifts have been delivered here for a couple my son is friends with and they're stacking up in the basement. I need to finish hemming curtains, do some laundry and mop the wood floors with my Shark.
One of my favorite things…Matchbook E-magazine. I LOVE it! It’s preppy, classic and informative.
A few plans for the rest of the week: welcoming my oldest son and his wife and finding room for all their stuff, going to the pool to try to get a “tan”, possibly going to Chicago for an outing, and choosing a paint color for my bedroom.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

(This is Tigger after he spent the night outside in an old, deserted doghouse during a thunderstorm. He is NOT an outdoor kitty anymore and he was NOT happy about it.)

To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment