Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, June 21st, 2011

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

Outside my window...it's so foggy I can barely see the homes on the other side of the bay! The forecast calls for sunny and 70's-I'll believe it when I see it!

I am thinking
...it’s only two weeks until Mike and I will be driving down the 101 in California!

I am thankful for... T.J.’s wisdom teeth surgery went well and he didn’t swell up. It was nice to pamper him for a few days.
(See his picture down below.)

From the learning rooms... it’s Sarah’s last day of her junior year of high school!!!

From the kitchen.
..last night I made pasta with tiny shrimp, tomatoes and zucchini. Tonight Sarah will be out with friends so it’s probably a salad or take-out for me.

I am wearing...khaki cropped pants, a white tank, and my Gap khaki & white striped pullover hoody with flip flops.

I am creating.
..just some lists; errands to run, places to visit next week, and what to pack for my summer back in Chicago.

I am going…to get a massage in a couple hours. Yay! I’ve had such bad headaches the past week that I thought this might be a better solution than over-dosing on Advil.

I am reading...The Inheritance of Beauty by Nicole Seitz on my I-pad. I heard about it on a blog. (BTW, I had read Between Sisters before but I read it again and cried like crazy.)

I am hoping.
..my headaches go away.

I am hearing...
my very loud computer motor.

Around the house…It looks a bit more like summer even though it doesn’t feel like it; the owners planted pretty flowers in pots on the deck and life jackets are drying on the fence from their kayak fun Sunday.

One of my favorite things…popcorn at the movies. I saw the Green Lantern in 3-D Friday night with T.J.

A few plans for the rest of the week
: celebrate Sarah’s last day of school, take walks,hit the Cabi clearance sale, head to the dollar store and T.J. Maxx, wrap a gift, attend a bridal shower, get a “female” check-up (I’m overdue).

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


(T.J. with his ice packs. I wonder if his text made any sense since he was on pain meds.)

To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

2 comments:

  1. I hope your headache is relieved by the massage. TJ's ice pack contraption is quite inventive! Have a great day.

    visiting from The Simple Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your massage helped, too!
    fabulous photo and memory to capture!
    beautiful journaling chickie!

    ReplyDelete