Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, May 30th, 2011

Outside my window...it’s mostly cloudy and 57. It's June this week- will I ever be in short sleeves?

I am thinking... it was fun to see my oldest son Saturday night and go out for Thai food at Lele's.

I am thankful for...all our current military and the service men & women who have given their lives for our freedom here in America.

From the learning rooms
... the SAT is Saturday and my girl is not preparing enough as far as her momma is concerned.(I hope she doesn't oversleep that morning-I won't be here to wake her up!)

From the kitchen...my house-host and I are celebrating Memorial Day with burgers, corn on the cob, and caprese salad.

I am wearing
...my Nike black pants and my navy “Sarah’s mom” tennis sweatshirt. It is NOT a good look and I wore it to work this morning, the coffee shop and even to Nordstrom! I hope the cast of What Not to Wear is not in town…

I am creating...all the necessary forms for Sarah to attend Beyond Malibu Young Life Camp.

I am going...back to Glen Ellyn this Wednesday for a visit!

I am reading...Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelley Rowley

I am hoping...Mike gets back safely from Germany Wednesday afternoon, and that we get some clarification on next fall; maybe Sarah should live with a friend and I should join her at semester.

I am hearing...the hum of the refrigerator. A few boats drove by a bit ago.

Around the house…I need to bring down the empty recycling & trash cans. I should think about a packing list for Wednesday.

One of my favorite things…girl’s night out. Four of us had fun last night seeing Jane Eyre then going out to dinner. Oh they make me laugh and they encourage me!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I work three mornings this week, plan to meet a dear friend for lunch tomorrow, fly to Chicago on Wednesday night, get to spend time with my hubby, house & pets, going to our corner bar Friday night, driving to Indy Saturday for a visit with my Mom and a grad party, cooking at least two meals for Mike, and flying back here next Monday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


This cute big boy named Tigger is one reason I’m excited to go back to Illinois for a visit! I miss him and his "sister", Sadie the dog SOooo much!

To join the fun, visit Peggy at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment