Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, May 24th, 2011

Outside my window...
it’s overcast and about 48 degrees. I know the sun is trying to peak through the clouds!

I am thinking…
I have zero plans for Memorial Day weekend since Mike will be in Germany and the kids are over in Spokane. No picnic/BBQ for me AND I have to work Monday morning. (Yep, I’m whining.)

I am thankful for.
..my daughter-in-law Amy who celebrated her 24th birthday yesterday!

From the learning rooms... Sarah wishes she’d chosen a different topic for her Junior Exhibition…(Her teacher said it was a "learning moment".)

From the kitchen
...I’m going to make Chinese Chicken Salad for the tennis banquet pot luck. The recipe is on the Brittany Bay Gourmet salad dressing bottle.

I am wearing...my fuzzy red robe and my new pink slippers I bought for work. (We take our shoes off at the childcare center to keep the carpets clean.)

I am creating...zilch. Can I just say it’s pretty impossible to “create” when all my stuff is back in Illinois, and I’m staying in someone else’s home!!!

I am going...to take the doggie I’m sitting to the vet. Her eye has been swollen and now it’s bleeding. Other than that it’s a FREE day until the end of tennis season party.

I am reading...Still Life by Joy Fielding.

I am hoping.
..it starts to feel more like spring/summer weather here. I have only worn shorts one time!

I am hearing
...the clock ticking-it’s very quiet here since it’s just the dogs and me.

Around the house…my host’s septic system hasn’t been working properly so I can’t do laundry or run the dishwasher. Hope it’s working today or I'll be off to borrow a friend's washer & dryer again.

One of my favorite things…walking the Harbor on a sunny day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
besides the tennis banquet I get to hear Stuart McAllister speak at church on Wednesday night. He’s a world-renowned evangelist and teacher from the faculty of Oxford Center for Christian Apologetics. Thursday is the last Mops day I get to play with the one year olds, followed by a volunteer appreciation lunch. Hopefully I’ll connect with some girlfriends for coffee or lunch and catch up on the Friday Night Lights episodes I’ve missed online.I finally got caught up on my other two favorites: Army Wives and The Good Wife.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is my college boy's shoe collection.He likes shoes as much as me! It took all six of us to go through all his stuff and pack him up to move out of the dorm. WHY are my middle children so unorganized? I am a list-maker, packer extraordinaire, and even found myself straightening the magazine piles at the doctor's office yesterday!


To join the fun, visit Peggy at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment