Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, April 26, 2011


Outside my window... rain, mild temps, pretty yellow Forsythia, daffodils-I’m back in Illinois and it’s typical spring weather.

I am thinking...my cat Tigger is hilarious. He’s hissing at the water bowl and playing in it. (Now I know why the floor has been wet.)

I am thankful for...flying "home" and driving to Indiana in the new convertible to spend Easter weekend with my Mom and Sisters.

From the learning rooms.
..nothing-it’s Sarah’s spring break and she’s “taking a break”!

From the kitchen..
.I made angel hair pasta with Vodka sauce & Italian sausage last night. I don’t have a clue what I’m making for dinner. Reservations?? I actually think I'm making our famous enchiladas with a fried egg on top...

I am wearing
...khaki cropped pants, a bright green hoodie sweater and mustard wedges.(I'm digging deep into what I've got here in the Illinois house.)

I am creating...a springtime looking house. Mike still had Valentine’s decorations up!

I am going...to get my hair hi-lighted and my bangs trimmed.

I am reading...Laura Bush’s memoirs.

I am hoping.
..Sarah’s ear infection feels better before she flies home Friday.

I am hearing...The ice maker and my cat meowing. (And the train all through the night- not used to that.)

Around the house...lots of cleaning needs to take place.I actually hired someone to help me with the bathrooms, kitchen and main floor. Remember- I've been gone four months.

One of my favorite things.
..watching my husband & daughter play Banana-grams.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
errands, get a pedi, hosting the bible study brunch, possibly going to the Chicago Art Museum,taking my daughter to the mall, hanging with my pets & family, watching the Royal wedding, packing, flying to Rome!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


My very first ride in my husband's new Audi convertible. Fun!!

To join the fun, visit Peggy at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment