Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, April 19, 2011

Outside my window...
it is sunny! There is mist over the water and in the pine trees, the tide is coming in, it's in the high 30's right now and expected to reach about 52.

I am thinking...about having to rescue my college kids Sunday afternoon. Their “new” car over-heated on highway 18. They now have MY car for the month and I have the one with “issues”…(I'll tell the whole story in my blog tomorrow.)

I am thankful for..
.having my husband and two college kids visit here over the weekend.

From the learning rooms.
..Sarah took a great SAT writing prep. class on Sunday.

From the kitchen...I am going to try out one of the new Philly crèam cheese pasta sauces and add chicken and grape tomatoes.

I am wearing...my fuzzy red robe of course! After I shower I plan on wearing my Tides Tennis sweatshirt that says Sarah's Mom on the back (home match today), blue & white jeans and my plum converse sneakers.

I am creating...lists-for leaving town on Friday!

I am going...back to Chicago on Friday night and Indy on Saturday for Easter weekend, then on to Rome on April 30th!

I am reading..
.Being Polite to Hitler by Robb Forman Dew. (It’s about an Ohio family in the early 1950’s.)

I am hoping..
.the Subaru’s repairs won’t be super expensive.

I am hearing...
my daughter just hurried off to school, slamming the door, now it's quiet except the clicking of my coffee pot.

Around the house...I'm noticing the tulips in my vase are fading and I need to mail my college son the cell phone charger he left on the counter.

One of my favorite things..
.going out to lunch with my BFF’s at PaneraBread.The Thai salad & Napa chicken salad sandwich were my "you pick two" yummy choices.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
finishing the Breaking Free Beth Moore bible study tomorrow, two tennis matches, buying snacks for the team, small group, packing for spring break and Rome, hopefully attending our church’s Thursday night service, flying to Chicago Friday night, hugging my cat & dog, and riding in Mike's convertible to Indianapolis on Saturday to see my family for Easter.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Mike & I at the tennis invitational Saturday (Sarah is in the background.)
Our school won!

To join the fun, visit Peggy at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

I wish everyone a very Happy Easter. He is Risen!
In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment