Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook For Today, April 4th, 2011



Outside my window... Bummer-another gray, rainy day in the low 40’s and the forecast is not looking good all week.
(The sun did shine on Saturday, so I know it’s there beyond the clouds!)

I am thinking...about the high school boy who committed suicide. The sad event has rocked our town.

I am thankful for...my amazing children.
My 22 year old daughter is currently down in Tijuana, Mexico on a mission trip and I pray it’s a great week for her.

From the learning rooms..
.my college son is trying to figure out what classes to take next fall.

From the kitchen..
.I made my Mexican layered chip dip to eat while watching basketball.

I am wearing...
my black Nike workout pants, a white t-shirt and my new gray sweatshirt/cardigan I found at TJ Maxx. I had planned to hop on the elliptical after my shift but my sore throat hurts so I came home to snuggle & drink green tea.

I am creating...an organized Rolodex and files of all the paperwork I brought with me to Washington. (See “around the house”-I’m hunting for something…)

I am going...to have to drag the big recycling bin and trash can up the long driveway later in the rain.

I am reading...
I'm going to start Water for Elephants today so I’ll be “ready” for the movie.

I am hoping..
.the Butler Bulldogs win the NCAA national championship game tonight!

I am hearing...the hum of my computer and a dog snoring.

Around the house...
I have GOT to find the SAT user-name & password so I can register my daughter for the May test!

One of my favorite things...
fries, clam chowder and beer at the Tides Tavern. I got to meet my oldest son and his wife Friday night when they drove here from Spokane. I was out past my bedtime!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
my part-time job, watching the b-ball game tonight, couples’ bible study, helping with babies at Mops, cheering at two tennis matches if the rain ever stops, a jewelry & purse open house, and going to see either Soul Surfer or Jane Eyre with a group of Moms & daughters. Busy week!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


My son Mitch and daughter-in-law Amy. Aren't they a cute couple?!

To join the fun, visit Peggy at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment