Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Letter "G" is one of my Favorites


I now live in two towns and they both start with the letter “G”. Glen Ellyn, Illinois is my "permanent" address and Gig Harbor, Washington is my current address. One week ago I was snuggled on my sectional with my cat Tigger,the snow was falling outside my window and I was set to fly out west the next morning. Tonight I am settled into my temporary home out in Gig Harbor, it's been misting all day and my husband Mike is learning how to snuggle with my cat. He doesn’t really like cats so I’m impressed that he’s trying!

Our move was smooth. God is good! We have a terrific place to stay right now until summer. Sarah has jumped back into her “life in the Harbor”. She’s at Young Life worship tonight,attended a birthday sleepover Friday and went to a dance on Saturday.

Because we're back in the Northwest, I got to see my oldest son & daughter-in-law yesterday and tomorrow my other two kiddos are coming to visit.

I am learning to live in the moment. I’ve enjoyed doing laundry (my friend has fancy appliances), helped prepare a big meal for a college swim team (it’s good to feel needed) and spent lots of time doing my Beth Moore Esther bible study while looking out at the birds on the bay.It's been really quiet and yet I am content. I know I have LOTS of friends I can call and meet for coffee.

Don’t get me wrong, I miss my husband a LOT! Thanks to technology we’ve connected daily on the computer, our cell phones and we Skyped too.

I am really fond of the letter “G”. Both my towns begin with that letter and so does the ONE who set all this in motion. He will equip me to be the best mom I can be for my sweet daughter and the best long-distance wife I can be for my husband. Even though I feel a bit like a gypsy, I know God is with me.

"Wherever we go God is there." Psalm 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment