Saturday, January 15, 2011
I Got the Pick of the Litter
I know the Don Equis beer commercials show the most “interesting man in the world” but I married someone with even better qualities than him! No offense to my two brother-in-laws, but I often tell my sweet hubby that I’m so thankful I got the pick of the litter.
As I write this, my husband is driving 1737 miles across the country with my daughter. He is taking time off work to drive my Kia filled to the brim with all the loot my daughter & I could pack for our move to Washington. I am NOT looking forward to being apart from Mike for the next 18 months, so I thought I would share 20 reasons why he’s so special.
1. He fell in love with me and proposed 28 years ago even though I was going through Melanoma surgery and had a big chunk cut out of my leg.
2. He loves the Lord and isn’t afraid to share his faith (he’s written a book, spoken to my Mops group, lead high school boys, mentored other guys, taught classes, been an elder).
3. He’s an amazing Dad. He’d do anything for his 4 kids.
4. He re-married me on our 10th anniversary and on our 20th he took me to the Salish Lodge, and then surprised me with diamond studs & a painting.
5. He planned a wonderful surprise party for me when I turned 50 AND gave me a vintage diamond ring.
6. He is such a man of integrity.
7. He hates coffee but often makes it for me.
8. He always does the dishes after dinner and he can cook!
9. He makes me feel pretty even though I’m getting older…
10. He’s going to take care of the pets (including Tigger the cat) and he hates cats.
11. He was such a great basketball coach to both our sons and lots of other boys.
12. He takes me to really cool places.
13. He gives me back rubs almost every night.
14. He has a great sense of humor.
15. He is kind to everyone he works with.
16. He puts up with my weirdness, singing, temper, “blondness”.
17. He never loses his cool.
18. He’s super strong but a softie on the inside.
19. He always puts my needs before his own.
20. He’s willing to live by himself for awhile so his youngest daughter can thrive.
"And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her." Ephesians 5:25
Now do you see why I got the pick of the litter? God has blessed me with an incredible life partner.
Choose wisely my friends…I did!
Posted by Jane at 4:59 PM